Ever since the massive success of Hatsune Miku, Crypton Future Media wanted to do something to keep that fire alive. This is where Magical Mirai comes in. Magical Mirai is a concert around the time of Hatsune Miku’s Birthday, but between certain dates they have contests to see which songs should be performed on stage. Here’s the whole story of Magical Mirai on Demo Talks!
Magical Mirai started in 2012 after the success of multiple other concerts and contests from Crypton Future Media. With the success of those concerts, they took all the earnings and made new concerts and a lot more multinational fanfare. If you haven’t seen my video on Miku’s Fame, then watch it as soon as you’re done with this one.
The Magical Mirai concert starts first with a contest between the months of February and March, while winners of the contest get their song debuted in the concert in the eve of August and starting of September.
The Contest is where we start since it’s currently happening. The submission period for the Magical Mirai 2018 Music Contest began on Friday, February 2nd, 2018, at 17:00 JST, and will close on Thursday, March 29th, 2018, at 17:00 JST. And anyone can enter as long as they follow the rules of engagement. These rules include:
Entrants may use any 1 of the following VOCALOID voicebanks for your entry:
- Entries must be 4 minutes 30 seconds long or less
- The file format of entries must be MP3 format
- Entries can use any genre of music, and be in any language
- Do not use multiple VOCALOIDs.
- Be sure to post the lyrics to your song by either submitting them as a separate text file to Piapro, or by providing them in the description of the song.
- When submitting lyrics separately as a text file to Piapro, be sure to register it as ‘関連する作品 (Related Works).’
- Entries must be original songs that have not been made public previously and have not been submitted to other contests.
- Until the results are announced, please do not post your entries on any form of social media or submit them to other contests.
The rules of entry, which is different, for the Magical Mirai 2018 Music Contest are as follows:
- Anyone can enter regardless of their skill level (i.e. professional or amateur) age, etc. For those under the age of 18, parental consent is required.
- You cannot enter using works that were created for business purposes.
- Entry of collaborative works by multiple people is allowed, but please provide the contact information for only one person chosen to represent your group.
- If there is a claim of copyright infringement or allegation from a third party for any entry, it will be the entrant’s own responsibility to resolve the claim. The contest organizers shall not take any responsibility.
- Only unpublished works will be accepted as entries.
- Please do not set licensing terms for entries submitted to the contest. If you submit your entry with license terms set, the entry will not appear in the entry list.
- Any works submitted after the conclusion of the entry period will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- The contest organizers reserve the right to post entry songs on their websites, social media platforms, or event sites as promotional material without prior consent from or compensation for the entrants.
- If your entry is selected, an e-mail will be sent from Crypton Future Media Co., Ltd. (containing @crypton.co.jp) to the e-mail address registered to your Piapro account.
- Please make sure that the email address registered to your Piapro account is able to receive emails by the time that the prize is awarded. If you do not confirm receipt of the email by sending your reply within a fixed time period, you may lose your right to receive the prize, and your entry selection may be voided.
- The grand prize winner must provide the audio data for the winning entry, along with any other data necessary for a live concert arrangement of the song.
- When it comes time for the live performance of the winning song entry, an arrangement of the song that would be suitable for the planned performance will be created at the discretion of the concert organizers.
- After the winning entry is determined, Crypton Future Media will gain all rights to use the winning entry for any purpose pertaining to Magical Mirai (live concert performance, merchandising, promotional activities, etc.). Crypton Future Media will also pay a usage fee to the grand prize winner for the rights to the live performance and merchandising.
- The contest details and entry conditions may be altered or canceled at any time without prior notice to the contest entrants.
- If there are any false statements found in an applicant’s entry information, we may cancel their song entry.
So, what are the prizes for the Magical Mirai contest? The best of the besties simply get a SONICWIRE gift certificate worth 100,000 yen, or $910, and will receive 2 tickets to one stage performance.
Runner-ups will get the same SONICWIRE gift worth 30,000 yen or $273. The winners will be announced sometime in early May 2018 and the organizers are the judges… who are the organizers? Beat me over the head with a hammer. They will contact everyone through Piapro.
I’m not going to show you how to enter, so you’ll have to go to the Vocaloid News Network to see how.
Some of you may be asking what SONICWIRE is because I did too… so I looked into it and it’s a virtual music store owned by Crypton. Apparently you can buy music albums, sound effects, virtual instruments, virtual… other stuff including Vocaloid. More or less they want you use the winnings to buy more of their stuff… but oh well. They do have Luka V4X Hard… which is a version I don’t have. I guess I should also mention this is the place you should go to try out demo’s for Vocaloids. So if you want to try them, I know I will, then go one ahead and follow the link down below.
So, onto the concert… actually, it’s going to be at the start of September probably. Nothing will be released about it until the May winner release. And I guess we’ll just have to wait until then. You have until March 29th to make a song with Cryptonian Vocaloids. Did I enter? Nope… I had other stuff to do, BUT YOU CAN… NEXT YEAR BECAUSE IT’S ALREADY OVER… just follow the links in the description for more info!
Tell me how you feel about the magical Mirai contest and cert…[outro]